Basata is simply the first ecolodge in Egypt with true credentials for the 'eco' label. It's the most famous of this category in Egypt for Egyptians and international travellers alike with its own special beach and very immersive community experience.
PRICES (captured 2014-11-22 from website)
Prices for residents in Egypt are different from travellers with no-residence visa in Egypt. Also, there are special prices for single-women.
For Foreigners with no residence in Egypt
12 EUR / night/ person
20 EUR / night / person
23 EUR / night / person
80 EUR/ night for up to 3 persons
20 EUR/ night/ extra person
Single women (non-residents)
10 EUR / night
18 EUR / night
50 EUR / night
For Egyptians and foreign residents in Egypt
44 EGP / night / person
70 EGP / night / person
92 EGP / night / person
400LE per night up to three persons
92 LE / Night / extra person
Single women (residents)
35 EGP / night
70 EGP / night
300 EGP / night
- All prices are calculated in Egyptian pounds for locals and residents and in Euros for foreign nationals.
- There is a minimum charge on beverage and food of 55 EGP per person per day.
- Children up to the age of four are free of charge and children between the ages of four and twelve are half-price.
- If you are unable to spend the night, you are invited to spend the day with full use of all facilities for a nominal charge in low season for 35 EGP.
- The meal prices are: Fish meal: 95 EGP, and/or Vegetarian meal: 70 EGP
- Please note: all items (accomodation and food) include 15% tax.